Wow, it has been eight days since my last blog post! Shame on me, no doughnut! Sorry about that folks, I do try to post 2-3 times per week normally, but time has just gotten away from me of late! I’ve been so busy…
Hold on, hold on – busy? How can I be so busy when the market is so slow? In May, we experienced a five year low in home sales – why am I so busy? I’m glad you asked! Well, when times get tough, the tough get going, right? I’m busy, alright – busy stirring up business! Because indeed, it is true – things are slow, comparatively speaking.
A couple of days ago, I saw our representative from First American Title Company. She was not quite her normal perky self. It turns out, escrows are down over at FATCO – and they’ve got like 60% of the county’s escrow business, or so they claim. “How down?” I asked. “Well, I don’t have the exact number for you, and of course there’s re-fi escrows, and purchase escrows…” I said, “Well, not counting re-fi escrows, just sales, what are we talking? 30%?” Again she demurred: “Really, I don’t have the numbers. But it’s down. A lot.” I could follow up with her and get those numbers, but I don’t really need to – I get the picture.
But there’s more writing on the wall! At my office, we have just begun a “Buyer Cash Back” program. Between now and…uh, Labor Day Weekend, something like that – if you purchase a house or condo using a Thunderbird Real Estate Agent, we will give you $1,000 cash back at close to use for paying your closing costs. Of course, that’s just a fraction of what your closing costs are likely to be – but still, it’s $1,000 you wouldn’t otherwise have in your pocket, and that’ll go a long way towards keeping your lights on.
My broker keeps exhorting us to let everyone know about this deal – consider yourself warned! Technically to get the $1,000 you need to bring in the ad from the newspaper, but if you just print this blog entry, I’ll give you the $1,000 anyway. 🙂
Looking forward to buying some property with you! And yeah, I’m busy – but never too busy for you!
- Stop the Madness! Just say NO on AB 1482 September 9, 2019
- 2019 Mid-Year Real Estate Update for Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, and Monterey July 11, 2019
- Silicon Valley Real Estate Prices Drop Sharply in Q1 2019 April 17, 2019
- Senator Scott Wiener Talks SB50 April 10, 2019
- Selling a Home in 2019 vs. 2020 January 27, 2019
Top Posts & Pages
- The Anchoring Effect and Asking Price in Real Estate
- 2019 Mid-Year Real Estate Update for Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, and Monterey
- The Endowment Effect in Real Estate
- Property Tax Rates for Santa Cruz Real Estate
- Just Cause Evictions in Santa Cruz
- The 7-10 Year Real Estate Cycle
- Selling a Home in 2019 vs. 2020
- California 2019 Real Estate Forecast
- The Santa Cruz Housing Crisis