Another edition of my newsletter, Santa Cruz Market Trends, has been sent out to the folks who subscribe to it by e-mail. How did July shape up? The answer, surprisingly to some, is – not too bad! The median price for single-family homes throughout all of Santa Cruz county rose 3% (0.6% year-over-year). The news isn’t quite so cheery for condos: the median price dropped 8.3%, however, this means the price is still up 7.1% from July a year ago.
The bad news for Realtors (and mortgage brokers, escrow people, appraisers, home inspectors, and the like!) is that the amount of sales volume is down from last month – 14.5% for single-family homes, and 3.4% from July a year ago. Condo sales are down dramatically – 19.4% from June of this year, and down 34.1% from a year ago.
- Stop the Madness! Just say NO on AB 1482 September 9, 2019
- 2019 Mid-Year Real Estate Update for Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, and Monterey July 11, 2019
- Silicon Valley Real Estate Prices Drop Sharply in Q1 2019 April 17, 2019
- Senator Scott Wiener Talks SB50 April 10, 2019
- Selling a Home in 2019 vs. 2020 January 27, 2019
Top Posts & Pages
- Just Cause Evictions in Santa Cruz
- Selling a Home in 2019 vs. 2020
- 2019 Mid-Year Real Estate Update for Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, and Monterey
- Property Tax Rates for Santa Cruz Real Estate
- The Santa Cruz Housing Crisis
- Community Appreciation Program
- Red Tags in Santa Cruz County
- Where and How to Write a Review for Us