So how does a busy Realtor choose to spend his 4th of July? Well, this busy Realtor normally starts out 4th of July down at Aptos Park – the site of the famous Santa Cruz Blues Festival and KPIG Fat Fry. On the 4th of July, the park serves as the sort of end-point for folks who went to see the World’s Shortest Parade.
So what brings me to Aptos Park on the 4th of July, year after year? Well, cute as the World’s Shortest Parade is, this isn’t the draw. What else could it be, you wonder? Nothing less than that which served as the impetus for switching to agriculture from hunting and gathering – the inspriation for modern civiliation. I am referring, of course, to nothing less than beer!
Beer sales, of course! Every summer I help out my Rotary Club with beer sales in the Aptos Park on 4th of July. It’s one of our bigger fundraisers of the year, and it’s usually a whole heck of a lot of fun! This year, I arrived for the first shift, from 10 AM til noon. Beer sales didn’t even begin until 11 AM, and the whole site was set up before I even arrived…so there wasn’t a whole lot for me to do this year…but I was treated to a demonstration on how to pour beer when the heat is on, given by our new Rotary President and all around good-guy, Stan “The Preacher Man” Abraham. I took the video with the video camera of my spffin’ new Treo 700p.
Other than that, it was a pretty chill 4th! I just relaxed and took it easy – quite a change from the frenetic pace I’ve been running at all summer long. Speaking of pace, I gotta go – off to show some property. I hope you all had a happy and safe 4th of July!
- Stop the Madness! Just say NO on AB 1482 September 9, 2019
- 2019 Mid-Year Real Estate Update for Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, and Monterey July 11, 2019
- Silicon Valley Real Estate Prices Drop Sharply in Q1 2019 April 17, 2019
- Senator Scott Wiener Talks SB50 April 10, 2019
- Selling a Home in 2019 vs. 2020 January 27, 2019
Top Posts & Pages
- The Anchoring Effect and Asking Price in Real Estate
- 2019 Mid-Year Real Estate Update for Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, and Monterey
- The Endowment Effect in Real Estate
- Property Tax Rates for Santa Cruz Real Estate
- Just Cause Evictions in Santa Cruz
- The 7-10 Year Real Estate Cycle
- Selling a Home in 2019 vs. 2020
- California 2019 Real Estate Forecast
- The Santa Cruz Housing Crisis