I’ve been getting asked a lot about the Zillow Zestimate lately. Here are a few of my thoughts.
As you may or may not know, the Zestimate is created by using an algorithm that compares your home to others that have recently sold in the area. While this algorithm does take square footage, bedroom count, and other market data into account, there are many things that it doesn’t.
Things such as remodels, roof condition, the view, and the neighbors all have an impact on the home’s value. The Zestimate takes none of this into account. Zillow even said that the Zestimate is just a tool and shouldn’t be relied upon to determine a home’s value. It’s right on their website. Even the CEO of Zillow had his home overvalued by 40%.
I like Zillow and I’m sure you do too. It’s a fun way to browse homes. However, if you’re trying to determine your home’s true market value, give me a call or send me an email. I would be happy to help do that for you. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Sell Faster, at a Higher Price, with No Cash out of Pocket!
Wondering how to sell YOUR home quickly and easily, for the very highest price possible? Ask me about Concierge Services! With this program, home owners can receive cash up-front which can be used to make the home shine! Painting, flooring, landscaping, roof, plumbing, electrical, the sky's the limit - with no cost, fees, or interest.
Tell Me More about Compass Concierge!
Top Posts & Pages
- Just Cause Evictions in Santa Cruz
- Red Tags in Santa Cruz County
- The Anchoring Effect and Asking Price in Real Estate
- The Least Prestigious Profession in America
- How to Sell Your House for More Than It's Worth
- Real Estate's a Dirty, Nasty Business
- Selling a Home in 2019 vs. 2020
- 2019 Mid-Year Real Estate Update for Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, and Monterey
- California Real Estate Forecast for 2020