It’s not just the economy that’s in the dumps. It seems that people’s spirits are really down, too. This year the summer was unusually cold and foggy, and our cherished Indian Summer went by in the blink of an eye. Our famous autumn season has likewise proven to be abnormally wet and cold, and it seems as though everything used to be better. Or is it just me?
As I write this, Thanksgiving is just a couple of days away. I have a lot to be thankful for – we welcomed our second child into the world back in September – Evan Armando, and he’s perfect. Our first son is now two and a half years old, and while at the moment he has a raging cold and could barely talk a couple of days ago, generally speaking he’s very happy and healthy, and this too is a blessing.
But times are tough, there’s no denying that. I am sure a lot of people are feeling more than a little pinch from the protracted downturn in the economy – and the crash in housing prices is, I am sure, doing nothing to help people feel secure and prosperous.
A lot of people, though, are feeling more than a pinch from the economy – and for many, housing prices are totally irrelevant, as they don’t even have a roof over their heads – they might consider themselves lucky if they have a dry spot under a bridge.
So in this holiday time, I remind you to please keep your heart and wallet open for those of us – a growing number of us – who are facing real hardship. When you see a collection going around for Second Harvest Food Bank, or Toys for Tots, when you see the Salvation Army bell ringers collecting money – be generous. There’s a lot of hunger out there, and anything you can give will help.
- Santa Cruz County September 2020 Market Report September 17, 2020
- Santa Clara County September 2020 Market Report September 17, 2020
- Compass Bay Area Market Share August 31, 2020
- Santa Cruz August 2020 Real Estate Update August 14, 2020
- Santa Clara County August 2020 Real Estate Update August 14, 2020
Top Posts & Pages
- Compass Bay Area Market Share
- Santa Cruz County September 2020 Market Report
- The Anchoring Effect and Asking Price in Real Estate
- Upsizing or Downsizing your Home - Now or Later?
- Craigs List Rental Scams
- Double Down on Selling Your Home
- How Much is a Granny Unit Worth?
- Santa Clara County September 2020 Market Report
- How to Sell Your House for More Than It's Worth