Every day, I get a few leads from the Internet. Most of them go nowhere, but since I have a good number of them coming in, I convert enough leads into sales to keep the homes fires burning. Even so, though, looking at just the leads helps me keep tabs on what the market is doing – what people are looking for, what they’re finding on-line, etc.
Today, I got a new lead from a customer looking for a Business Opportunity. This is the first time that I can recall someone looking for a Business Opportunity – which you can find some of them listed on the MLS, but it’s not too often that I go browing the business opportunities. It was interesting to see what’s being offered – a taqueria, the smoothie bar in the Spa/Fitness Center on 41st Avenue, etc.
And then, there’s the Help-U-Sell franchise on Soquel Drive – yours for just $150,000! Wow that seems pretty cheap – and the best part is, it includes fifteen listings! Of course, Help-U-Sell listings aren’t that valuable, because the of course the listing agency doesn’t get paid very much, typically. It’s ironic, I think – the listing says that it is a “successful business model.” So successful, they’re selling a franchise, all-in, for $150K.
Ahh, times they are a-changing! Now that we are shifting from a Seller’s Market to a Buyer’s Market, the Help-U-Sell model isn’t so attractive. Sellers are finding that in a market like this, it’s not simply just enough to pop your listing on the MLS and stick a “For Sale” sign in the front yard. It takes a dedicated professional who is adequately incentivized to sell your home in a market like this.
Looking for someone like that? Please let me know if I may be of service!
- How to Effectively Leverage Technology When Selling Real Estate May 26, 2020
- How to Safely Sell Your Home During a Pandemic May 21, 2020
- COVID-19 Mortgage Forbearance May 14, 2020
- How Multiple Offers Affect Sale Price February 12, 2020
- California Real Estate Forecast for 2020 January 8, 2020
Top Posts & Pages
- Just Cause Evictions in Santa Cruz
- Red Tags in Santa Cruz County
- Testimonials for Sebastian (Seb) Frey
- Property Tax Rates for Santa Cruz Real Estate
- For Sale By Owner Safety Checklist
- How to Effectively Leverage Technology When Selling Real Estate
- The Anchoring Effect and Asking Price in Real Estate
- Information Sources used by Homebuyers