Holy Smokes, batman! Good morning!
American Dream Realty acquired a competitor, Network Alliance, on Monday, creating the largest locally owned real estate company in the county. Two smaller real estate firms closed some of their offices.
All I can say is, gulp! That’s a bitter pill to swallow, but actually it goes down OK with my likewise bitter morning black coffee.
It’s not a real shocker that Network Alliance got bought up. There’s excess capacity. And it’s no surprise, either, that Flat Rate Realty closed an office – these discount brokerages do good when times are fat, but when times get lean, it’s hard to discount your services like that on a regular basis. What’s kind of a surprise is that Cenutry 21 Showcase closed its office right there at Highway 9 and Graham Hill Road – that’s Ronnie Trubek’s office, for heaven’s sake! It’ll take her days to move all her awards to her new office.
Another interesting tidbit in that article is that there are 1,209 Realtors at the Santa Cruz Association of Realtors – that’s down from a year ago figure of 1,300. The article says that “most Realtors renew in the spring” hinting that there may be more drops to come. Ya think? I didn’t renew in the spring – you renew on your anniversary date, or just before it, and I got in in the winter. But, we can’t forget the Watsonville Association of Realtors – not quite sure how many Realtors they have, but I thought it was like 600. Maybe now they’re down to 500.
Anyway, just thought I’d pass that along. Back to my coffee. Gulp.
- Santa Cruz County September 2020 Market Report September 17, 2020
- Santa Clara County September 2020 Market Report September 17, 2020
- Compass Bay Area Market Share August 31, 2020
- Santa Cruz August 2020 Real Estate Update August 14, 2020
- Santa Clara County August 2020 Real Estate Update August 14, 2020
Top Posts & Pages
- Compass Bay Area Market Share
- Santa Cruz County September 2020 Market Report
- Upsizing or Downsizing your Home - Now or Later?
- Craigs List Rental Scams
- Double Down on Selling Your Home
- How Much is a Granny Unit Worth?
- Santa Clara County September 2020 Market Report
- How to Sell Your House for More Than It's Worth
- The Worst Kitchen Layout Ever