One of the most popular pages on my website in 2018 was an article where I addressed the perennial question, “Is it better to sell my home this year, or next?” In that posting, I opined that the preponderance of evidence is that 2018 was shaping up to be a pretty good year for home sellers. Today many sellers are wondering about selling a home in 2019 vs. 2020.
Sell Faster, at a Higher Price, with No Cash out of Pocket!
Wondering how to sell YOUR home quickly and easily, for the very highest price possible? Ask me about Concierge Services! With this program, home owners can receive cash up-front which can be used to make the home shine! Painting, flooring, landscaping, roof, plumbing, electrical, the sky's the limit - with no cost, fees, or interest.
Tell Me More about Compass Concierge!
Why The Real Estate Market Has Gone Soft
After much thought and analysis, it seems to me that the softening of appreciation in home prices is due to the market finally reaching the limit of affordability. In Santa Cruz county, only 12% of households can “afford” a median-priced home (with a 20% down payment). In Santa Clara county that number is 16%. In Monterey county, it’s 19%. It looks like what we’re seeing today simply comes down to the fact that buyers simply can’t afford to pay more for housing, so the market has stalled out.
Boost Your Home's Value by up to $50/sf - or more!
Want to know what you need to do to boost your home's value by up to $50/sf - or more? Request a professional, free room by room review and get a report showing what you'll need to do in each room to dramatically increase your home's sale price. OK Sign me Up!
Do you love tacos?
Thinking about selling your home in the next few months? If so, you probably have a lot of questions and would like someone to talk to. Let me take you out to dinner - tacos or otherwise - and let's discuss how you can get your home sold quickly, easily - and for the highest possible price. OK Sign me Up!
- Why I Moved to Compass December 5, 2019
- Talking AB1482 on the Radio October 30, 2019
- Stop the Madness! Just say NO on AB 1482 September 9, 2019
- 2019 Mid-Year Real Estate Update for Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, and Monterey July 11, 2019
- Silicon Valley Real Estate Prices Drop Sharply in Q1 2019 April 17, 2019
Top Posts & Pages
- Selling a Home in 2019 vs. 2020
- Just Cause Evictions in Santa Cruz
- What's the Matterport in Santa Cruz
- Contact Seb
- 2019 Mid-Year Real Estate Update for Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, and Monterey
- The 7-10 Year Real Estate Cycle
- Red Tags in Santa Cruz County
- 2019 REALTOR Installation Speech
- Property Tax Rates for Santa Cruz Real Estate