Well, it’s a slow news day. Every morning I scan the headlines to see what’s new. A couple of days back, I don’t know if you heard, but Santa Cruz Title is consolidating its operations, getting rid of two offices. Also a couple of days back, I read an interesting article in, of all places, the Modesto Bee about the new California Gold Rush – REO property. As anyone who is out there seriously looking to pick up some bargain real estate knows, these cheap homes have lots of bidders. The market overall may be in the tank, but hey, when a property is seriously under-priced, people go after them like sharks for blood in the water.
But all that is yesterday’s news. Today, no fresh crisis has yet to erupt, but hey, it’s only 8:00 AM, give it time. But I wanted to use this moment of comparative calm to get caught up.
Oops, I forgot – WAMU is scaling back its mortgage operations considerably.
- Stop the Madness! Just say NO on AB 1482 September 9, 2019
- 2019 Mid-Year Real Estate Update for Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, and Monterey July 11, 2019
- Silicon Valley Real Estate Prices Drop Sharply in Q1 2019 April 17, 2019
- Senator Scott Wiener Talks SB50 April 10, 2019
- Selling a Home in 2019 vs. 2020 January 27, 2019
Top Posts & Pages
- The Anchoring Effect and Asking Price in Real Estate
- 2019 Mid-Year Real Estate Update for Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, and Monterey
- The Endowment Effect in Real Estate
- Property Tax Rates for Santa Cruz Real Estate
- Just Cause Evictions in Santa Cruz
- The 7-10 Year Real Estate Cycle
- Selling a Home in 2019 vs. 2020
- California 2019 Real Estate Forecast
- The Santa Cruz Housing Crisis