Buying an Existing Luxury Property
Purchasing an existing property is a much less complicated process than building one – even if you do an extensive remodel afterward. There are fewer tasks since the property is already complete with permits, utilities, appliances, fixtures, and materials already in place. When buying a pre-existing home, you won’t have to wonder how much exactly it will cost, or how long it will take before you can move in.
Of course, an existing home probably won’t have been built to exactly suit your tastes and lifestyle. These homes may be more generic, particularly if they are situated in developments of similarly-styled properties, such as at the Silver Creek Valley Country Club. They might also be missing amenities on your wish list, and will therefore need some construction work after closing. In this case, you will want to consider your options and getting bids from your contractors before submitting a purchase offer.
Constructing a Custom Luxury Property
Building a unique luxury home can be exciting, but it does come with many challenges, according to a friend who builds luxury homes in Perth. The reason so many affluent people decide to build a home from scratch is that custom-built homes are tailored to your personal and exact requirements. This enables you to include every feature that you desire and to create a truly special home, and omit those which have no use to you.
But remember: we’re in California. Constructing a property is far from simple. To begin with, it can be difficult to find and purchase a good lot. You will probably find that most of the best lots already have a home on them, which you will need to tear down and dispose of. The construction process will take much longer than you expect it to, with design, engineering and permitting easily taking six months, at least. The final cost will range based on a variety of factors such as finishes, amenities, appliances, fixtures, design changes and unanticipated delays.
Building Vs. Purchasing Luxury Properties In San Jose CA
A local real estate agent and a custom home builder can help you compare building vs. purchasing luxury properties in San Jose CA. Given the complexity and uncertainty of building something from scratch, you will in many cases be better off with a thorough renovation and remodel of an existing home, turning it into the home of your dreams.
- Stop the Madness! Just say NO on AB 1482 September 9, 2019
- 2019 Mid-Year Real Estate Update for Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, and Monterey July 11, 2019
- Silicon Valley Real Estate Prices Drop Sharply in Q1 2019 April 17, 2019
- Senator Scott Wiener Talks SB50 April 10, 2019
- Selling a Home in 2019 vs. 2020 January 27, 2019
Top Posts & Pages
- Just Cause Evictions in Santa Cruz
- Selling a Home in 2019 vs. 2020
- 2019 Mid-Year Real Estate Update for Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, and Monterey
- Property Tax Rates for Santa Cruz Real Estate
- The Santa Cruz Housing Crisis
- Community Appreciation Program
- Red Tags in Santa Cruz County
- Where and How to Write a Review for Us