A fair number of my clients come from the Internet. I’m not sure how everyone finds me, but a fair number do. Most of the time, folks just give me their e-mail addresses, and that’s the basis of our relationship. When a buyer gets serious about working with me, though, they’ll give me their phone number, too, and that’s when things really start to happen.
A week or so ago, I began talking by telephone with a buyer who is looking for a mobile home in the Capitola/Live Oak area. I haven’t done a lot of work with mobile homes before, but seeing as how they are about the most-affordable housing around, I want to learn all about them. The buyer who contacted me has given me quite a bit of instruction! It’s funny – you’d think that I would be the one telling her how it is, but it was quite the reverse! It’s rare to find a buyer who is so well educated, but this lady certainly is.
It’s been fun working with this lady – Spanish is her native language, and she speaks English quite well. Her English is better than my spanish, probably, but she apparently she prefers to talk in Spanish and I always like to practice my Spanish, and so that’s what we mostly communicate in. Yesterday, we went out to a particular mobile home park in which she would like to buy…she knows just what she is looking for, she knows the values of the homes, the spaces, park policies – everything! And I just soaked it all up: “Really? Is that so?”
She passed along a good tip, which I’m passing along to you. If you’re looking for a mobile home – either to put into a mobile home park, or to put on a piece of vacant land, check out MH-Quote.com. It’ll give you the lowdown on the various makes and models of mobile homes and help you figure out which one makes the most sense for you.
Also, I do have a section on this web site devoted to Santa Cruz mobile homes…it’s not an exhaustive source of information on the local mobile home market, but it’s a good place to start!
- Stop the Madness! Just say NO on AB 1482 September 9, 2019
- 2019 Mid-Year Real Estate Update for Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, and Monterey July 11, 2019
- Silicon Valley Real Estate Prices Drop Sharply in Q1 2019 April 17, 2019
- Senator Scott Wiener Talks SB50 April 10, 2019
- Selling a Home in 2019 vs. 2020 January 27, 2019
Top Posts & Pages
- The Anchoring Effect and Asking Price in Real Estate
- 2019 Mid-Year Real Estate Update for Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, and Monterey
- The Endowment Effect in Real Estate
- Property Tax Rates for Santa Cruz Real Estate
- Just Cause Evictions in Santa Cruz
- The 7-10 Year Real Estate Cycle
- Selling a Home in 2019 vs. 2020
- California 2019 Real Estate Forecast
- The Santa Cruz Housing Crisis