There’s a property I’ve long been fascinated with – the so-called Redman House, just off Highway 1 outside of Watsonville, down by the Red Roof Inn. It’s a historic old Victorian farmhouse that has fallen into a sad state of disrepair, and a group of concerned citizens has banded together to save it. To aid in this effort, they’ve organized the Redman House Apple Annual 2008.
They’ve got big plans for the house and the acreage, of course. You can read all about it on their web site, redmanhouse.com. It’s a really fascinating project (to me, anyway!) – Santa Cruz has a number of historical structures, and we owe it to our children’s children to do what we can to preserve them.
What's YOUR home worth TODAY?
Interested to know what your house is worth in today's real estate market? Start with our free Home Value Lookup Tool for an instant, on-line evaluation of your home's value.
The Redman House Foundation is putting on its “Apple Annual 2008” – a food and wine tasting event plus, of course, the de rigeur silent auction. It costs $50 to go, and you must be 21 or over to attend. They have a special page on their web site where you can buy tickets for the Apple Annual 2008.
Update March 25, 2015: The Santa Cruz Sentinel is reporting that the land upon which the Redman House sits has been sold. The new owners plan to continue to farm the land, but the plans for the historic home remain uncertain.
- Stop the Madness! Just say NO on AB 1482 September 9, 2019
- 2019 Mid-Year Real Estate Update for Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, and Monterey July 11, 2019
- Silicon Valley Real Estate Prices Drop Sharply in Q1 2019 April 17, 2019
- Senator Scott Wiener Talks SB50 April 10, 2019
- Selling a Home in 2019 vs. 2020 January 27, 2019
Top Posts & Pages
- The Anchoring Effect and Asking Price in Real Estate
- 2019 Mid-Year Real Estate Update for Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, and Monterey
- The Endowment Effect in Real Estate
- Property Tax Rates for Santa Cruz Real Estate
- Just Cause Evictions in Santa Cruz
- The 7-10 Year Real Estate Cycle
- Selling a Home in 2019 vs. 2020
- California 2019 Real Estate Forecast
- The Santa Cruz Housing Crisis