The smell of freshly brewed coffee wafts through the house, as I peruse my trusty RSS News Reader, skimming over news articles and blog entries the world over, from a variety of different sources. Even though I am up to my neck in this foreclosure business, selling foreclosure real estate in Santa Cruz county at a pretty good clip this year, I was surprised to see this:
When you click on that link, you have to look fast – it’s a slide show, and will only stay on the Santa Cruz frame for a few moments. You can also view the full article here.
Zoinks. It seems Forbes has put together a list of the Top Ten Foreclosure Capitals for 2009. This is a national list – it is not just California, although, perhaps not surprisingly, half of the ten are in California.
The news isn’t all bad, though. Both the Wall Street Journal and the good ol’ San Jose Mercury News are running pieces about reviving home sales in California and the bay area – of course, the reason people are buying is that prices, in many cases, have dropped to the level where they are affordable.
- Stop the Madness! Just say NO on AB 1482 September 9, 2019
- 2019 Mid-Year Real Estate Update for Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, and Monterey July 11, 2019
- Silicon Valley Real Estate Prices Drop Sharply in Q1 2019 April 17, 2019
- Senator Scott Wiener Talks SB50 April 10, 2019
- Selling a Home in 2019 vs. 2020 January 27, 2019
Top Posts & Pages
- Just Cause Evictions in Santa Cruz
- Selling a Home in 2019 vs. 2020
- 2019 Mid-Year Real Estate Update for Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, and Monterey
- Property Tax Rates for Santa Cruz Real Estate
- The Santa Cruz Housing Crisis
- Community Appreciation Program
- Red Tags in Santa Cruz County
- Where and How to Write a Review for Us