According to a new article on the 20 Hottest U.S. Housing Markets on Realtor.com, Santa Cruz is the Nation’s 17th Hottest Real Estate Market! KION News ran a segment last night, and interviewed local Realtors Bill Cuccia and Candie Noel. You can see the clip below:
It shouldn’t come as much of a surprise to hear that the nation’s top housing market is, of course, San Francisco. It might surprise you to learn, though, that Vallejo is rated as the 2nd hottest market in the country! San Jose is rated as the 4th hottest housing market, San Diego is 6th, Sacramento is 7th, Santa Rosa is 8th, and Stockton is 10th. In fact, 12 of the top 20 markets are in California, which realtor.com describes as “booming.”
What's YOUR home worth TODAY?
Interested to know what your house is worth in today's real estate market? Start with our free Home Value Lookup Tool for an instant, on-line evaluation of your home's value.
It’s not just the real estate market that’s booming. In fact, the Golden State’s economy as a whole is doing very well. Silicon Valley has exceeded its previous peaks in terms of total employment, and wages are up sharply. With more people than ever making more money than they’ve ever made, it’s unsurprising to see desirable areas such as San Francisco and Santa Cruz experience such high demand for real estate. Given the uncertainty in the stock market, it’s also unsurprising to see a lot of dollars head into towns like Vallejo, Sacramento, and Stockton as investors seek opportunities with good potential for return as well as appreciation.
See also: KION News
- California Real Estate Forecast for 2020 January 8, 2020
- Why I Moved to Compass December 5, 2019
- Talking AB1482 on the Radio October 30, 2019
- Stop the Madness! Just say NO on AB 1482 September 9, 2019
- 2019 Mid-Year Real Estate Update for Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, and Monterey July 11, 2019
Top Posts & Pages
- Property Tax Rates for Santa Cruz Real Estate
- Contact Seb
- San Jose, CA FHA Mortgage Limits 2016
- Just Cause Evictions in Santa Cruz
- 2019 REALTOR Installation Speech
- The Anchoring Effect and Asking Price in Real Estate
- The Worst Kitchen Layout Ever
- The 7-10 Year Real Estate Cycle
- Pitfalls of the HERO Program