Last week or so I posted a blog entry about the Santa Cruz County Housing Expo 2008. I listed all the different tracks they were going to have, and one of those sessions was “Invest for Success.” One of the sessions in that track (I didn’t break out the sessions) is “Opportunities in the Foreclosure Market.”
So yesterday, I’m sitting at my computer sippin’ on a Rock Star (that sounded bad!) and the phone rings. On the other line is a Realtor who is organizing the housing expo. It seems that the guy who was supposed to do the “Opportunities in the Foreclosure Market” presentation backed out. He wanted to know, would I be available to do this presentation at the Housing Expo?
As luck would have it, I would be available. Also, I have the presentation I did for the Santa Cruz Real Estate Investment Club a few weeks back. Not only that, I have plenty of content I can add to that, by digging through my exclusive Santa Cruz Foreclosure Report.
It turns out, the gentleman I was speaking to had a copy of my Foreclosure Report. It seems that someone in his office requested a copy and I sent it to him, not knowing it was going out to another Realtor – i.e., the competition. But that’s OK, because the truth of the matter is, most Realtors are woefully uninformed about the local foreclosure scene. In a way, it’s kind of like my civic duty to get this report into many of my colleagues’ hands.
Not just my colleagues – also, the real-estate-buying public needs to get it as well. The current real estate market is presently being shaped to a large extent by the foreclosures that are going on. I can actually see the end of this market cycle – or I think I can – but it’s a ways yet off in the distance. This is going to be with us for a while, and there is a lot of opportunity out there, such as we haven’t had in a great many years. I do plan to hand out copies of my report at end of my presentation, but anyone can request a copy any time through my web site.
I’ll be presenting this coming Saturday, April 12th at 1:30 PM, at Twin Lakes Church. I hope to see you there!
- Stop the Madness! Just say NO on AB 1482 September 9, 2019
- 2019 Mid-Year Real Estate Update for Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, and Monterey July 11, 2019
- Silicon Valley Real Estate Prices Drop Sharply in Q1 2019 April 17, 2019
- Senator Scott Wiener Talks SB50 April 10, 2019
- Selling a Home in 2019 vs. 2020 January 27, 2019
Top Posts & Pages
- The Anchoring Effect and Asking Price in Real Estate
- 2019 Mid-Year Real Estate Update for Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, and Monterey
- The Endowment Effect in Real Estate
- Property Tax Rates for Santa Cruz Real Estate
- Just Cause Evictions in Santa Cruz
- The 7-10 Year Real Estate Cycle
- Selling a Home in 2019 vs. 2020
- California 2019 Real Estate Forecast
- The Santa Cruz Housing Crisis